Environmentally friendly printing
We’re an environmentally friendly printing company and we’re proud to play a part in sustainable printing. Here are just a few of the initiatives we contribute to:
Woodland Carbon Scheme
KMS Litho is a partner of the Woodland Carbon Scheme in association with the Woodland Trust. Woodland Carbon is a unique scheme to help companies reduce their carbon footprint by locking up carbon emissions through planting trees. We work with the Woodland Trust to create new woodlands in the UK, harnessing nature’s simple and powerful way of removing carbon dioxide from the environment.
Since joining the Carbon Capture scheme in 2013 we have captured 220 tonnes of C02 and donated funds to enable the planting of 5,507 square metres of native UK woodland.
We can include the Woodland Carbon Capture logo on any of your printed items and clients wishing to measure their own print-related carbon capture for further marketing can do so through this scheme. To find out more visit www.woodlandcarbon.co.uk or www.woodlandtrust.org.uk
As an environmentally friendly printing company we are pleased to have been awarded FSC certification (FSC-C138670). The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is a global not-for-profit organisation that sets the standards for responsibly managed forests, both environmentally and socially. When timber leaves an FSC certified forest they ensure companies along the supply chain meet best practice standards, and when a product bears the FSC logo, you can be sure it’s been made from responsible sources. In this way, FSC certification helps forests remain thriving environments for generations to come, by helping you make ethical and responsible choices. For more information visit www.fsc-uk.org/en-uk
The FSC logo on a wood or wood-based product is your/your customer’s assurance that it is made with, or contains, wood from FSC certified forests, and it has been responsibly sourced. There are three types of FSC label: 100%, FSC Mix or FSC Recycled.
We can add the FSC logo to your printed materials depending on the types of paper you choose for your project. Please let us know if this is a requirement when discussing your print jobs with us.
We are also members of Two Sides a not-for-profit organisation. Members are from the Graphic Communications Supply Chain and include forestry, pulp, paper, inks and chemicals, pre-press, press, finishing, publishing, printing, envelope and postal companies.
The Two Sides common goal is to promote the sustainability of the Graphic Communications Supply chain. It dispels common environmental misconceptions by providing users with verifiable information on why print and paper is an attractive, practical and sustainable communications medium.
The paper industry is facing up to its responsibilities and investing heavily in all areas of production and sourcing of raw materials to minimise its environmental impact.
Our Environmental Statement
As an environmentally friendly printing company we ensure that all our activities are conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices. KMS Litho fully complies with all known current environmental legislation and supports:
- Minimising the consumption of natural resources and energy, whilst consuming material goods in moderation
- Reducing the creation of waste through improved operating practices and recycling materials whenever practicable
- Ensuring all waste and effluent is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner
- Advising our customers on the environmental credentials and benefits of using recycled paper grades and/or using FSC or PEFC paper grades
- Using mineral-free, vegetable oil-based inks
- Investing in the development of new products and processes that have an improved performance regarding their impact on the environment
- Being a responsible employer and neighbour
- Ensuring that all employees carry out their duties in line with this statement and, through training, are aware of their obligations
- Expecting similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors
- Assisting customers to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way
- Assessing the environmental impact of all historic, current and likely future operations
If you have any further questions on our environmentally friendly printing practices we would be happy to help. Please put us to the test and contact our team.